Access to MumSquad is gained through the user’s Facebook account. Information is collected from the user’s Facebook profile including:
- Profile picture
- Email address
- Operating system
- Browser type
- Address of referring site
- Activity on the MumSquad web app
We may also make use of ‘cookies’. These are files that are placed on a user’s computer by the browser. Cookies provide an understanding of how users interact with the website. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies.
We may use the user’s information to:
- provide the user with access to the MumSquad web app and services;
- contact the user with information about the MumSquad web app;
- monitor and analyse usage of the MumSquad web app
- provide content that matches the user’s interests, including adverts
- respond to the user’s emails, queries, requests, comments and complaints;
- notify the user with regards to MumSquad’s services
- carry out operations such as data analysis and troubleshooting
- let other MumSquad users know about the user’s updates on the MumSquad web app
The user’s personal information will not be shared with third parties, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- with the user’s consent, including when MumSquad notifies a user that the information will be shared in a particular manner and the user chooses to provide the information;
- to cooperate with law enforcement enquiries received from within and outside the United Kingdom, if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or legal processes;
- with other MumSquad users with whom the user engages and according to preferences set in your account;
- with other social networking services, if the user allows sharing through the MumSquad web app;
- with service provides working with MumSquad in connection with the MumSquad web app. Their access is limited to personal information which allows them to perform services on behalf of MumSquad. The service providers are obligate not to disclose or use this information for any other purposes;
- non-identifiable information may be shared with third parties for industry and demographic analysis and to deliver targeted advertising;
- in connection with any bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, company financing or other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of MumSquad’s business assets.
MumSquad is not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties. MumSquad is also not responsible for any additional information which a user provides directly to any third party.
Data collected from users may be stored or transferred within or outside of the European Union. Data may also be processed by staff located outside of the European Union who work for MumSquad or MumSquad’s suppliers, such as those providing support services.By submitting their personal data, the user agrees to this transfer, storing or processing.
MumSquad and protection of personal information online:
MumSquad will take all necessary steps to ensure that all personal data is treated securely.
Please be aware, however, that despite security measures, no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception.
Personal information accessible to other users:
When using MumSquad, the user should assume that all information submitted or posted by them may be publically view and accessible, by users and non-users of the MumSquad web app. Users should be cautious and vigilant with regards to what they share, particularly information relating to their children.
Our policy towards children:
MumSquad’s web app is not directed at children or persons below 16 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Removing MumSquad access:
If a user seeks to remove the MumSquad web app from their Facebook account, this can be done through Facebook account settings.
Once a user’s MumSquad account has been deleted, copies of their information may remain viewable and accessible due to its nature as previously shared, copied or stored information. MumSquad will not be liable for this. Removed or deleted information may remain in servers for back-up purposes for up to 30 days but will not be available to any outside persons during that time.
Some information may remain in our records as required by law.
Accessing personal information:
Users may request that MumSquad provide any information about the data it stores on them. Users should direct such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
MumSquad disclaims any representation or warranty with respect to any security breaches or loss or unauthorised use of a user’s registration information or other data.
23rd April 2018